The Food Pantry at St. Mary’s Mohegan Lake is an interfaith community based not for profit service organization staffed by volunteers. Our mission is to provide supplemental food to families or individuals who live in the Mohegan Lake and greater Yorktown – Cortlandt area. We seek to provide nutritional, health and referral information to facilitate our patrons in moving beyond the need for emergency food.
Community coming together helping families in need
ONSITE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNIES CURRENTLY LIMITED AND RESTRICTED. PLEASE CONTACT JAN MIREL, VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR AT firstname.lastname@example.org FOR MORE DETAILS.
The Community Food Pantry
Saturday Mornings between 7:30 and 11:15 (all or part of the time)
• Bag bagels, breads, rolls and baked goods.
• Set-up items for distribution.
• Bag fresh produce
• Serve guests by assisting at a section of the distribution line.
• Help carry bags for elderly guests and those in need.
• Put everything away for the next time.
• Establish a monthly Food Pantry day in your organization, collect in-kind or cash donations or consider having your group hold a food drive when convenient, donate what is collected.
• The 3rd Sunday of every month is Food Pantry Sunday at Elizabeth Ann Seton Church Shrub. Volunteers are needed at the pantry at 12:30 to receive, sort and store donations.
• Sell and/or purchase alternative gift cards.
• Participate in and promote fund raising activities (check with employers to see if they have a charitable foundation, get the pantry an invitation or maybe a matching grant for your donation of time, talent and treasure.)
• Pick up and drop off in-kind donations (as needed).
• Pre-pack bags on the Wednesday or Thursdays before Fairs – around 2:30
• Tend the Community Garden
• Assist with the flow of parking in the parking lot on Saturday and holiday distributions
• Help set up for holiday distribution on the eve of the distribution – 2:30
• Visit the pantry website to keep current on upcoming events at www.cfpstmarysmoheganlake.com
• Follow us on facebook.com/CommunityFoodPantryMoheganLake
• Make us your Charity of Choice at DeCicco’s Jefferson Valley Check Out.
• Purchase a reusable bag at Stop and Shop or ACME and name the pantry as your charity.